Absolute Poker Cheating Scandal

I have been watching a story develop over the last couple of weeks regarding an alleged scandal with Absolute Poker. Apparently one of the players was been able to see other players' hole cards.


I have not looked in detail at the evidence myself, so I am reserving judgement. However, there seems to be sufficient information to raise a concern. I am also reading that the Kahnawake Gaming Commission intends to investigate via an independent audit. Therefore, I wanted my make my readers aware of this in case you play at Absolute Poker.

I will provide a few links to sites that talk about the problem. Consider yourself warned!

The hand history was uploaded to PokerXFactor and then recorded and posted on YouTube. Watch the play of POTRIPPER (bottom center).



For parts 2, 3, and 4 of the recording, see YouTube.

As a side note, Absolute Poker is affiliated in some way with UltimateBet, but I have not seen any comments about issues at UltimateBet. Absolute Poker has not yet responded to the allegations. If they issue a public statement I will update this posting.

10/20/2008 Update--Management from Absolute Poker has sent an e-mail to its players acknowledging that its security was breached for a limited time.

07/27/2008 Update--See press release.

Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.