Resuming Play

I wrote in my last post that I wasn't going to play again until I could explain my actions (or until I cooled down!). Well, I still can not explain my actions other than, I just wasn't thinking. Regardless, I have cooled down. So I played a couple of sit 'n go poker tournaments.

The first one was beautiful. I took an early chip lead, played the bubble perfectly, and went on to crush my opponents to win 1st place. It felt good to play so well after my prevous mistake.

The second tournament wasn't quite as glorious, but I still cashed. On the knockout hand, I was on the BB with A9. The flop comes QQx. I check, as does the button. The turn is an Ace, giving me two pair with a 9 kicker. I don't think my opponent has an ace, but I am still concerned he might be slowplaying a queen. I check, as does the button.

Final card is a harmless 5. I am pretty sure my opponent does not have an ace or a queen, so my two pair are probably good. There are no flushes or reasonable straights on the board. I only have about 7 BB's, so I shove. He beats me into the pot with pocket 5's to give him a boat on the river.

Yea, yea, I know... I let him get there.

I still cashed, but would have liked to have had a shot at heads up. But that makes 6 cashes out of my last 8. My bad beats and loosing trend has finally turned around. See my trend for the last week. I haven't played much, but the chart is now moving in the correct direction. I am about $25 away from moving up to the next buy-in level. Too tired to play any more tonight, but will try to get there tomorrow night.

No mistakes!
Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.