Lesson 11: Identifying Playing Styles

I have posted Lesson 11: Identifying Playing Styles. In this lesson I discuss key metrics that are used to help you identify the playing styles of your opponents. The lesson includes a brief example of how to use the information. However, the details about how to modify your play based on this information will come in the future lessons. For now, this lesson covers the following:

Pre-flop Metrics:
  • Voluntarily Put Money In Pot Percentage (VP$IP%)
  • Pre-flop Raise Percentage (PFR%)

Post-flop Metrics:

  • Aggression Factor (AF)
  • Went To Showdown Percentage (WSD%)
  • Went To Showdown and Won (WSDW%)

The lesson starts to get into some of the Opponent Stats portion of Tournament Indicator, the tool that I use when I play sit 'n go poker tournaments. Hopefully the examples given will help you start to see the potential of this information. Here's a quick screen shot.


I will cover additional measurements in upcoming lessons.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.