Progress Report:

It's that time again--time to report on my progress. Another month has passed during my challenge to turn $50 into $5000 playing sit 'n go poker online. My results in October were less than impressive.

October Results:

  • Games Played: 82
  • Av. ROI: -1%
  • Total Profit: -$94

Overall Results (see graph):

  • Games Played: 445
  • Av. ROI: 11%
  • Total Profit: $192

However, I am still very excited about the challenge. First, I have been experiencing the longest run off bad cards and bad luck that I have experienced. I realize all players go through this at some point, and that the duration varies widely. Some experience downswings for a few days, others a few months or even years. I hope mine is coming to an end.

Second, I spent a lot of time reviewing hand histories this month (hence, the low total number of games played). In the majority of cases (around 80%) , when I was knocked out of a tournament it was the result of a bad beat when pushing as the short-stack. I have really focused on the short-game over the last month. And as a result, I am making solid decisions. SitNGo Wizard has really helped with my ICM calculations. I am getting to the point now where I know which pushes are +EV, but more importantly, know when to ignore ICM!

Third, I mentioned in a previous post that I am going to dig deeper into my middle game. My thinking is that if I can continue to build chips, I can delay the short-game push/fold decisions. However, short-game push fold is more than just when I am short-stacked. More on that later.

I realize I can not focus on the results of any one particular hand; the key is to examine the decision to ensure you made it correctly. If you did, the results are what they are. You have no control over what happens after you put your chips in the middle with the best of it. I am very happy with my short game and the decisions that I have been making there, even if the results have not gone in my favor.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the final thing I wanted to mention is the importance of bankroll management. If it weren't for my bankroll management rules, I would have gone broke during my downswing--guaranteed! As I mentioned in my introduction, I went broke numerous times in the past due to much smaller downswings or tilting off my role. With the rules I now have in place, I have protected myself against going broke again, or at least greatly slowed the process!

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.