Focusing on Shorthanded Play

A few posts back I mentioned that I needed to improve my middle game--basically shorthanded play. For the last week I have not been playing any sit 'n go's. Instead I have been playing 6-handed cash games and learning as much as I can about shorthanded play. If you are interested, I am blogging my shorthanded cash journey.

So far I have learned that in shorthanded play, you can't wait around for cards. The blinds move too quickly to wait for premium hands. I have also learned that because the stacks are so deep, the real skill in shorthanded play is after the flop. So I have been playing fairly loose with the intention of seeing more flops and practicing my reads.

I am going to continue playing the shorthanded cash games until such time as I feel I have mastered it. That might take a while. But ultimately I believe that mastering shorthanded play will greatly improve my sit 'n go play because every sit 'n go ends up shorthanded!

For now, I am putting my sit 'n go journey on hold. But I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.