Middle Game--Good Results

As I mentioned previously, I have been focusing on shorthanded cash game play in order to improve my sit 'n go middle game. If you are interested, I have been tracking my learning process at CashGameStrategy.com.

So far the focus on cash has greatly helped my sit 'n go game. I have been playing the basic strategy during the low blind levels and then once the game gets to 50/100 or 6 players, I kick it into short game cash mode. I have cashed in my last 4 tourneys, two of which I finished first place.

The last one I played was rather interesting. I was about even in chips when I arrived at the 50/100 level and switched on the cash mode. Within three rounds I was the chip leader by at least twice the next opponent. This allowed me to continue to "beat up" the table and steal blinds when the situation was right.

By the time we were at the bubble I had three times my next opponent. The bubble could not have been set up any better. On my right was the next highest in chips, on my left the next, and to his left, the short stack. This allowed me to continue to steal each time the person on my right opened-folded. In a situation like this, the person to my left, with the 2nd shortest stack, can't call my shoves because he is waiting for the short stack to go out. And the short stack can not call my pushes without a premium hand. So every time I was on the button I shoved with any two cards and continued to steal the blinds. I was eventually called by the short stack and my hand held up.

I continued the aggression once inside the money, but was more selective, thinking that the other two would open their ranges. It wasn't long before we were heads up and I eventually took down my final opponent.

It is too soon to tell if the lessons I have learned playing cash can be applied consistently to improve sit 'n go results. However, the results are promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.