Loving Double or Nothing SNG's!

Yesterday I played 14 of the Double or Nothing (DN) sit 'n go tournaments on PokerStars. I cashed in 10 of the 14 tournaments, giving me a nice ROI of of 32.3%. I will take that ROI all day long, every day! No complaints here. However, I need FAR more games to flush out my DN strategy... like a thousand more! But even with the short sampling of games over the last week, I am starting to see some patterns and key changes I need to make from my standard sit 'n go poker strategy. As I mentioned in my previous post, I will outline them in a modified version of the SitNGoTraining.com course.

I am also seeing some significant advantages of the DN tournaments over the standard sit 'n go's. The biggest advantage comes from the six person bubble and no In The Money play. In standard sit 'n go tournaments you have four people on the bubble and then three and two when playing in the money. As a result, the number of decisions you must make greatly increases. Because of the increased frequency of decisions, it is much harder to multitable. With the DN tournaments, since the bubble has six players and no in the money play, the amount of time between decisions is greater, reducing the number of decisions and increasing the number of tables you can play at any given time.

Why does this matter? Because increasing the number of tables you play concurrently increases your $ per hour, assuming you can play the same quality of game with multiple tables as you can on a single table (which my strategy will teach you!). So, to give yourself a raise, just add more tables! Yes, there is a limit to the number of tables you can handle concurrently, but that number will increase over time as you get comfortable with the strategy and learn to make quick, unemotional decisions.

To receive updates on my DN SNG play and strategy changes, subscribe in your reader or email. You can also receive notifications of new posts through Twitter.

Until next time, good luck at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Questions and Comments Welcome!

Copyright 2007-2010 SitNGoTraining.com.
All rights reserved.